Friday 16 March 2018

Week 6 Photograph Assignment

This weeks challenge was to get a monochrome image. For this shot, I had to return after the first photo session with Grace. She was super helpful. The first session I did not use a flash and afterwards was not happy with my results. This shot, however, I am happy with! I like the composition with the angled metal Grace is holding and the angle of Graces head offsets this well.

There is a silky silver smoothness to the skin tone. Yet the flash I used gives some contrast and depth to her face. The eyes are crisp and directly focused through the lens and she has a relaxed look about her. I have burnt the outer edge round her head to ensure the bright parts are not distracting. Her hand is slightly out of focus, yet face and eyes are sharp.


Monochrome Portrait Grace Ella

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
f/3.2, 1/1000sec, 85mm, ISO-500
Portrait. Processing in Adobe RAW

No comments:

Post a Comment